Lone Soldier … 2104 - 2k13
Frothing waters dance and spin.
Flip in abundance rainbow fins.
Reach out bridges, span the blues,
colors of water, lakes and hues.
Heady saunter on windy tracks.
Crumpled shirts and slept in slacks.
Trills and tweets of mountain thrush,
waft across valleys to pause the hush.
Brooks gush and gurgle by hewn stairs.
Drive by smiling, beaming, happy pairs.
Clinging fronds along lingering snows.
Nervous barks of pregnant does.
Occasional rat a tat of random fire.
Stark reminder to a stacked up pyre.
For ages clutched by tangle of roots.
Dislodged now with thump of boots.
Boulders hurtle; mill shale to sands.
Avalanches march to tune of bands.
Distant whine intrudes rustle of pines
Lone a soldier under an outcrop dines
Ages passed in these tranquil dales.
Now often rent with echoing wails.
Streams and bluffs clutched by hands,
hid in bunkers under conifer stands.
saadat tahir's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Ruminations from a recent trip to Neelum valley on the Pakistan side of Kashmir. The mix of heavenly pristine snow bound beauty and mil-fatigues is unnerving and painful.
Rainbow fins = Rainbow trout.
Bridges = Suspension bridges so common in Neelum valley.
Clutched by hands = Armies of Pakistan and India eye balling each other meters away.
Thump of boots = Peppered mil posts across snow bound cliffs.
Distant whine = Revving 4x4 vehicles laboring steep slopes.
Comments about this poem (Lone Soldier … 2104 - 2k13 by saadat tahir )
Did you read them?
- It Really Ain't So Bad.... In Hell ......., Bri Edwards
- Crushed Cookies...... [HUMOR; SHORT; re.., Bri Edwards
- Where Did Mommy Go, Stephen Morris Jr
- me sisters dog, lee fones
- On Cold Grey Mountain, John Martinez
- I KNEW LOVE, SHARON YAKOWA
- I'm Still Here, Stephen Morris Jr
- tramp, lee fones
- Leaves On The Grass, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Thought Process, Mitta Xinindlu
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Bright Glow, Joyce Hemsley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Very Short Song, Dorothy Parker
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Love's Philosophy, Percy Bysshe Shelley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(22 March 1941 -)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)