Loneliness a sorrow so deep it crushes all hope and happiness.
The cold blade that cuts the light.
It leads to depression, a depression we cannot escape.
So tightly it grabs you pulling you deeper until you drown.
You just want to end it all, but you cant,
for you are nothing but a walking shell.
You hide deep inside yourself to escape this feeling,
but you can't for it is too strong.
Loneliness, that which cannot be described by mere words alone.
Sinking its fangs into you, you are immobilized.
The pain it kills you inside piece by piece,
every day you lose youself more and more to the pain.
But remember to never let go of your hope, hold tight.
Dont let the loneliness kill you, for then you have achieved nothing.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Loneliness by Christina Bruce )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Because We Closed Our Eyes, A.j. Binash
- three, laxami Cards
- For Colin McCahon [NZ Painter: 1919 -1987], Keith Johnson
- Why I never visited NZ from OZ in 1970, Keith Johnson
- Dark Lady, Keith Johnson
- Naboth's vineyard, Gert Strydom
- Those Girls, Keith Johnson
- Maybe there is a deep secret, Gert Strydom
- Final Training Flight, Keith Johnson
- The seat divine sees monarchy renew, Keith Johnson