I've allowed you to destroy me.
Ever since you've been able to breathe.
I've allowed you to ignore me.
But you've had your fill of liberty.
I dwell inside of your wasted mind.
In the depths of the blackest seas.
I'm what lies behind the vines.
I'm the reason you still dream.
I've given you permission throughout all time.
To merely survive, but on my structure you've dined.
And you continue to revel in selfishness and lies.
You've placed your faith in mere surfaces and leveled your mind.
With wrath I shall crush this insect in my hand.
For spreading it's filth all about my land.
Your punishment draws near, in case you haven't heard.
You finally get to hear my all consuming final word.
No more second chances.
No more blasphemous prayers for peace.
The time has come for me to exhale.
The vengeance suppressed so deep.
I've given you salvation for billions of years.
But the cries in the wind fell deaf of your ears.
Now tossed amongst my ruins, this is justice you see?
No tears of retribution for a lost humanity.
Aaron Lynn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lost Permission by Aaron Lynn )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- The Fragrance Of Knowledge, Edward Kofi Louis
- When you look at me, The Princess
- Regularly, Edward Kofi Louis
- Abominable, Edward Kofi Louis
- Kicking The Down And Out, Terence G. Craddock
- Wau Bulan Wau Bintang, Ismim Putera
- A Planet Of The Step-Mother, Muhammad Shanazar
- A Message Of Peace, Muhammad Shanazar
- Innocence, Muhammad Shanazar
- To Unite All, Edward Kofi Louis