Mary Jesusa Villegas
On a Monday afternoon
I was with my study buddy
The study session will be held in a
cerulean room And his name is Lou
It was Monday morning
When I have understood that
everyone is struggling, constantly
because They want to find
their truths in their own way
very different from my truths
his truths are her, truths
How hard could it be
my study buddy?
How hard could it be Lou?
to prove yourself to everybody
because you prefer
silence from rock music
history books from girls or maybe
dolls from guns and a curtain to hide the sunlight
that will defeat your strong, brown complexion and
your newly birth truth?
very different from my truths
His truths are
Her truths truth is truth hurts
You are always holding
the tape measure of
the standards of society.
measuring yourself with
the tape measure of a
wasted and disgusting lifeline
The outskirts of town is our
On a Monday evening and
His name is Lou
How hard could it be to live
and never really see
the truth in the mirror
while others see theirs constantly
And all you see are terros springing
from your fountain of doubt
And your sunny smile
would only be sunny if it reflects
your strong, brown complexion the
shining glow springing from the inside if
everyone will acknowledege and regard
then and now your only truth.
And this is your only truth
His truths are her
There's nothing left much to it.
And you're always empty.
They won't see it.
Your sunny smile
And as far as I'm concerned
I was the only one.
And the radiance will
flow like a free fountain
of assurance floating clouds of free water
everything is alright. and one day
Lou, You don't have to prove
yourself anymore to
everybody like dying constantly
When finally the rays of your truths
are reflected in the mirror already.
So display a happy curve in front.
Go on and see your sunny smile
In the mirror that holds your truth
my favorite study buddy.
On a Monday of September fifth
Zero regrets for diamonds and any jewels
I have gained a fragile yet precious friend.
Not just a study buddy.
A fresh sunrise and a sunny smile
very sooner the glow from the inside
a sea of sunny smiles a phenomenon
that will be held on a humble cerulean room
Her name is Lou.
Mary Jesusa Villegas's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lou by Mary Jesusa Villegas )
- The Monster, Barbara Dixion
- There Is Nothing But Darkness, Ronell Warren Alman
- Unpopped Corn Kernals and Cold Hearts..., Monk E. Biz
- The Full Moon, Vigna Mukund
- Adrenaline is my Mistress, Hayley Lewis
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.33, Monk E. Biz
- Incarnation, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Eternal creation, ramesh rai
- Lomp doch fijn besnaard 2, Madrason writer
- Treasured days..., David Lessard
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)