Books that you open, books that you close,
I'm dying to know what you're wearing for clothes,
Never before have I felt like a dying rose,
I guess this is the aftermath, of a love overdose.
I dug in too deep, I gave you all I had,
For good three years, I was the best of glad,
But then came the hurt, the pain and the bad,
Nothing left now, but tears, crying and being sad.
Now looking back, I can see the wrong I have done,
Only darkness right now, there's no more sun,
Ending so swiftly, after we had only just begun,
At night, I always had you, now there's no one.
Laying cold at night, alone in my bed,
For you I have fought, stressed and bled,
And oh, all the sweet stuff I've ever said,
I guess it was all in vain now, instead.
Waking up at morning, realizing I'm alone,
Really ruining the purpose, of calling this my home,
Not even sure what I'm able to call my own,
Almost dialing your number up, on my phone.
I'd write you a letter, but what would I write?
You always told me things were gonna be alright,
No matter what I wrote, I'd be wrong in right,
I can't live any longer, in 'maybe' and 'it might'.
I can't come to face, that you're no longer here,
It's foggy and cloudy, I see nothing clear,
Losing you, was all I had the most to fear,
Oh look at my letter, there goes another tear.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Aftermath by Dan Lundahl )
- Break pen, hasmukh amathalal
- Water, Robert Lowell
- Soaking Up Essence Of Meaning, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Full interest, hasmukh amathalal
- Frozen sentiments, hasmukh amathalal
- I sink deep, hasmukh amathalal
- Haiku ' Dray ', miken newman
- I shall never be, hasmukh amathalal
- Water, Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Beside you walks a woman, Pradip Chattopadhyay
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Tiger, William Blake
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)