Books that you open, books that you close,
I'm dying to know what you're wearing for clothes,
Never before have I felt like a dying rose,
I guess this is the aftermath, of a love overdose.
I dug in too deep, I gave you all I had,
For good three years, I was the best of glad,
But then came the hurt, the pain and the bad,
Nothing left now, but tears, crying and being sad.
Now looking back, I can see the wrong I have done,
Only darkness right now, there's no more sun,
Ending so swiftly, after we had only just begun,
At night, I always had you, now there's no one.
Laying cold at night, alone in my bed,
For you I have fought, stressed and bled,
And oh, all the sweet stuff I've ever said,
I guess it was all in vain now, instead.
Waking up at morning, realizing I'm alone,
Really ruining the purpose, of calling this my home,
Not even sure what I'm able to call my own,
Almost dialing your number up, on my phone.
I'd write you a letter, but what would I write?
You always told me things were gonna be alright,
No matter what I wrote, I'd be wrong in right,
I can't live any longer, in 'maybe' and 'it might'.
I can't come to face, that you're no longer here,
It's foggy and cloudy, I see nothing clear,
Losing you, was all I had the most to fear,
Oh look at my letter, there goes another tear.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Aftermath by Dan Lundahl )
- I Don't Care If You Don't Like It, Michael McParland
- Fairyland, Alesia Leach
- Lack of money does not mean lack of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- On The T.V., Hannah Bryson Price
- Why do need wisdom anytime?, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- it is almost poetry, Mandolyn ...
- Wisdom's great aim, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Our world is without any kind of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dream packed drama, hasmukh amathalal
- A fool واحد احمق, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)