Love and Addiction
Amongst the silence in my heart
And the tumbleweeds in my soul.
Your voice will scream out to me
which will be the only sound to be heard.
Somehow I can hear you whenever you are calling
Unknowingly I may long for you but it could simply be a warning.
-too late I have been scared by love and hate.
You decide my dreams aswell as my fate.
My mind sends a message to my heart and not my feet.
They refuse to arise from the ground in which iv'e fallen.
for you, the only love, I have ever known.
I have become an addict and do not wish to cease.
tara fortier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love and Addiction by tara fortier )
- Ideals Envisioned, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- America Radicalized, Is It Poetry
- Just before Midnight, Frank Avon
- I and I, Daniel Erdner
- Love: Don't Bargain, Aftab Alam
- War is lust and Peace is Love,, Aftab Alam
- Endless game, hasmukh amathalal
- Seasonings of Sense, Mae AC.
- War And Not To Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- ISRO's MOM in Mars - Congrats to Indian .., Dr John Celes
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)