Love in the tough times
You are the love of my life
Even if you cut like a knife.
I know you are not happy with me
and sometimes you want to let me be.
But when times are good,
they are surely the best.
So even when the times are tough,
I thank my God it's only a test.
So I wonder will we pass or fail?
I guess only time will tell.
But I know times when we're apart
It feels like I have a broken heart.
I love you more and more each day
I never can find the words to say.
My love comes from my inner soul
like from a mine of blackest coal.
I know things haven't been so great
But I love you still and it's not too late.
The love I had for you at first was so exciting and new
But now its stronger than ever before and its all because of YOU
This is just a simple rhyme
to tell ya 'I'll love ya til the end of time'
Todd Birchfield's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love in the tough times by Todd Birchfield )
- How Was Your Day?, Donald R Charon
- we never did go bowling, Mandolyn ...
- How To Tie The Knot, Foster Teegarden
- hurry husband, shush my alliteration, Mandolyn ...
- Sharp Is The Bite, Donald R Charon
- Erato my Muse of love poetry. (Part 2), Erato
- Headache, Foster Teegarden
- Autumn Season, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- mommy, Josephine Taylor
- Friendly Union, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)