Love Is A Fragile Thing...
Love is a fragile thing,
Love on a broken wing,
Heart on a spiral, down,
Smiles like a saddend clown.
Love is a wounded prey,
The end coming on its way,
The soul dying deep inside,
Hurts that one can never hide.
Love is shattered dreams,
Nothing being as it seems,
The mind tending to go blank,
Walking on a pirate's plank.
The final sound is never heard,
Only the sting of a final word,
Love's such a fragile jewel,
Only the strongest here can rule.
Others fall, like autumn leaves,
The body dies, the spirit grieves,
They tried their best to carry on,
But everything they did, was wrong.
david lessard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Is A Fragile Thing... by david lessard )
- Friendship Fade Out, Wilma Horne
- Contradict, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Common Sense, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Love's Slow Death, Wilma Horne
- Door to the Mind, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Traveler, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Pockets Of Lace, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Just You, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Cry of the Unwanted, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Beneath the Words, Fariza Nur Shabrina
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Heather Burns
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)