Love Is An Affair
A love affair consists of three phases.
Attraction, obsession and attachment
Are they; the order irrevocable,
The same couple cannot enact it again.
A man and a woman fall in love;
Both long for seeing and reaching.
They join and settle with a bond.
Thus passes an erotic cycle.
In the phase of attraction, which is short,
One will find oneself drawn by another
And one finds interested in another.
This is from impetus of libido.
It is man’s lust and woman’s passion.
Visual interest in woman prods his lust.
His pursuit, intellect, wealth or power
Or other attributes kindle her passion.
In the phase of obsession, a long one
With high voltage, the pair is intense
In love, longing for seeing each other,
With the release of Dopamine and adrenaline.
Love and attachment is the third phase,
Where the couple settles for warm bonding,
Induced by the release of oxytocin
In the course of orgasm and child bearing.
Man is a half and woman is a half
And they have an itch to become a whole.
It is well in line with the Nature’s plan
Of progress and procreation of life.
All the flowers do not fertilize.
All the fruits do not germinate.
Falling in love may not lead to courtship.
Courtship may not lead to conjugation.
Consequent to the invention of marriage,
Man and woman go through a lone cycle,
Since when they remain together locked
By children, identity and dependence.
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Is An Affair by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Capitalistic Perceived Important People, Terence G. Craddock
- here's an itty bitty bite, Mandolyn ...
- Remember Me (Dedicated 2 those that have.., Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- school lunch woes and whoa it's healthy!, Mandolyn ...
- lack of caffeine means this, Mandolyn ...
- Happy Birthday Son, Rowina M Mallick
- Why Do Turtles Cross The Road?, Darlene Walsh
- Distress, Nick Kler
- To Be A Poet Traced Stepping Stones, Terence G. Craddock
- Where Are The People Who Say They Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar