D. R. Bendre
Love is our Life
Me, a poor girl, and he, a poor fella,
Love is our life
Is love that comes in handy
On the road of joy n' strife
Be he near or be he far,
The apple of mine eyes is he!
I melt when I see his darling face,
He's my precious jewelry!
Winter days or summer,
His body is warm to touch,
When I have him near me
I wear *him* like robes n' such
The gifts he has bestowed on me
Are secrets we two share:
Crimson roses for my cheeks,
And my lips, a sweet eclair!
What more could I ask for?
He's given me all I need.
His gift of life grows in my womb,
To ask for more is greed!
(Translated by C.P. Ravikumar)
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love is our Life by D. R. Bendre )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
Poem of the Day
- Taron, Pariyon Ke Desh Meri Chandramukhi.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Chandramukhi, I Haven't Seen You For So .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Becoming An Essence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Chosen Path, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I've Killed, Mr. Nobody
- Treasuring Experience, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Flair, douglas scotney
- Feel the pain, gajanan mishra
- Inhaling Breaths Of Words, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Where Chants Collide, Richard Jarboe