D. R. Bendre
Love is our Life
Me, a poor girl, and he, a poor fella,
Love is our life
Is love that comes in handy
On the road of joy n' strife
Be he near or be he far,
The apple of mine eyes is he!
I melt when I see his darling face,
He's my precious jewelry!
Winter days or summer,
His body is warm to touch,
When I have him near me
I wear *him* like robes n' such
The gifts he has bestowed on me
Are secrets we two share:
Crimson roses for my cheeks,
And my lips, a sweet eclair!
What more could I ask for?
He's given me all I need.
His gift of life grows in my womb,
To ask for more is greed!
(Translated by C.P. Ravikumar)
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love is our Life by D. R. Bendre )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- there's a pretty plum sky and then there.., Mandolyn ...
- Revealed, John Onyeme
- Groom is the Cadaver, Pintu Mahakul
- Sleep deprived, Matthew Holloway
- More Than Just Memories, David Whalen
- Legacy, Matthew Holloway
- EVERY ACTION HAS ITS REACTION لكل فعل رد.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Hatred Is Black, Rich Reitz
- EVERY ACTION ITS REACTION لكل فعل ردة فعله, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Happiness Is Gold, Rich Reitz