Love Like Never Before
I've seen the good and the bad,
things that made me laugh and things that made me sad.
I've been hurt by those I loved and loved by those I've hurt,
Of all the thing that I've seen and done this was the worst.
She grew within me fluttering with life,
and as I felt her move I laughed and cried.
I knew I could'nt keep her right from the start,
so I prepared myself for the day we would soon part.
I bore her into this world shaking with pain,
because when I first held her I fell in love again.
I had nothing to give her though I wished to so much,
I had nothing to show her except for my love.
So I gave her to those could give her what I could not,
and I kissed her goodbye the tears on my face burning hot.
I did'nt look back as I walked out the door,
then I stumbled with pain as deep in my chest my heart tore.
I don't regret that day and I rejoyce to my core,
the day I gave her away was the day I sowed her a love I never
showed anyone before.
Yana Thompson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Like Never Before by Yana Thompson )
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Prayer For My Daughter, William Butler Yeats
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Love's Substitute, Bernard O'Dowd
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Palanquin Bearers, Sarojini Naidu
Poem of the Day
- They Are Editing Journals To Be Poets & .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- unemployment, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Pearl of Wisdom, hafiz qasim
- As lovely chance, hasmukh amathalal
- Worldly pleasure, gajanan mishra
- Create sweetness, hasmukh amathalal
- No Means No, Gillu Rahul
- Self Pride, Katherine Perry
- Father, hafiz qasim
- who stole my thunder, Cee Bea