Love Like Never Before
I've seen the good and the bad,
things that made me laugh and things that made me sad.
I've been hurt by those I loved and loved by those I've hurt,
Of all the thing that I've seen and done this was the worst.
She grew within me fluttering with life,
and as I felt her move I laughed and cried.
I knew I could'nt keep her right from the start,
so I prepared myself for the day we would soon part.
I bore her into this world shaking with pain,
because when I first held her I fell in love again.
I had nothing to give her though I wished to so much,
I had nothing to show her except for my love.
So I gave her to those could give her what I could not,
and I kissed her goodbye the tears on my face burning hot.
I did'nt look back as I walked out the door,
then I stumbled with pain as deep in my chest my heart tore.
I don't regret that day and I rejoyce to my core,
the day I gave her away was the day I sowed her a love I never
showed anyone before.
Yana Thompson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Like Never Before by Yana Thompson )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- Democracy, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Depths Of Remembering, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 185, John Westlake
- Wash over me., Jessica Amburgey
- Martin Chuzzlewit, douglas scotney
- Love Note 18, Michael P. McParland
- A Rest 2, Michael P. McParland
- Loving Free - Falling, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Poor Child's Born with a Start that'.., Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- A explanation, Mariam Abdelghani
- children we bear., Christina Simmons