Love Like This
How many times does a love come around
that makes you lose your mind?
Not too many I'm sure,
for a love like that is distant,
usually hard to find.
You wrap yourself within it
And give into the feel of bliss.
You endure the ups, the downs
that come but still know
nothing but this.
This is the world you belong in,
the world that doesn't exist.
This is what you were born for.
And to think that you might have missed
this love is so unthinkable.
Poets write about it. Singers sing of it
but lovers live it each day.
They revel in how it makes them feel
but in their heart does weigh
the fear that it can't last.
And they know that love like this
will never again be theirs.
So they savor the time that they have
and offer each other prayers
that ask for it to never end.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Like This by Edwina Reizer )
- Repair a net, Trong Phan
- Jayanta Mahahpatra As An Image-maker, A .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- hindi haiku ghazal chaand, S.D. TIWARI
- Who Really Cares? Does Anything Matter?, Mr. Nobody
- Jashn manaao, Aftab Alam
- Poetry Is Where You Find It X, Frank Avon
- Happiness Is..., Arno Le Roux
- I Never Travelled Alone, Akhtar Jawad
- Wholesomeness To Thirst, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Sleep At The Wheel, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Emmonsail's Heath in Winter, John Clare
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)