when is love lost?
When fallen kisses and caresses
Are shadows on the neck and lip
When the other is no more
When the fire and spark that drove the piston
Are embers alone.
When all that is left is that tame salmander
Passion is not to be fired or cooled
It is and no more.
It is in the taming
That love is crucified
On a cross of time.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Lost by Guillermo Veloso )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- This World, Spiritwind Wood
- With Pride We Remain, Spiritwind Wood
- The Perversion of Christian Ideals, Brian Johnston
- Giver Of Light, Spiritwind Wood
- spinach makes me teeth feel chalky, Mandolyn ...
- Ode to knickers, Ruth Walters
- This Really Blows My Mind, Electric Lady
- Under The Tree, Tony Adah
- Poem Title, Doyen Lingua
- ten?, Mandolyn ...