Love Me No More
Love me no more.
Let your eyes just close.
Do not look at me again
but remember my earthly pose.
There is no decent way
to say a fond farewell.
There's only recollection.
And we will both do well.
How does one part
from all this desire
and ascend the steps
and extinguish the fire.
‘Tis not easy love
But it must be done.
So just close your eyes
and remember this one.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Me No More by Edwina Reizer )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Gun, Rage'n Curtis
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- The Choice, Edith Nesbit
Poem of the Day
- Break Off From Your Sins II, Edward Kofi Louis
- My First Poem, Emelita C. Smith
- diMinNuTiVe, sEaN nOrTh
- I Am A Boat, Paul Gerard Reed
- Peace#01, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- hav em kill - BIG Chief di$bEliEf, sEaN nOrTh
- We Ate Beans., Tony Adah
- Letting Go, favour ugwumba
- Paw, saw, raw, law!, Edward Kofi Louis
- नोँखौ मोजां मोन्नायल' नङा, Ronjoy Brahma