Love Me True
I want you sweeter than sugar
darker than night
and capable of making me
in what I shouldn't.
I want you lovely,
a she-devil at night
and give me what you
with velvet claws.
I want you chaste
enjoy the chase
you have never been caught.
I want you strong
and very tender
a tiger and a kitten
is that too much
and offer me security.
Now you have my head spinning
you are looking for superman
let me don my cape
in the telephone booth
and get my self
a spandex outfit.
Great, and you should
also be a great lover
You got criteria
I'm not sure I fit.
And the two decided to not to mix
love and business.
So she settled for Mr. Right Now, Right Here
and he settled for Single Nights
each having made a stand
for the future.
Lonnie Hicks's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Me True by Lonnie Hicks )
- In my heart - you are, gajanan mishra
- 9 August 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 2 August 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 31 July 2014, Shri R Brahma
- It's October 1st. Did you pay your mortg.., Jena Crowe
- Princess Diana, Sonia Ode Lucci
- Revolution, Revolution, Revolu -, Romella Kitchens
- हमें आपके लिए.. hame aapke liye, hasmukh amathalal
- Dusky Day in Dallas, michael walker
- Mom, Barbara Dixion
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)