Love or Lust
Is this love?
Is this lust?
Am I chasing the prospect of love
Or the real concept itself
If I am chasing the prospect of love
It's not love! By Jehovatat's eyebrow,
It's lust, my poet
Love is like a cancer!
It starts off small
But as time wearies on
It grows larger until it consumes your whole body!
That's what love is.
You can't chase love
Lust is temporary
But the problem with this situation is
I, the narrator
The omnipotent being
Am chasing the concept of love
I am in lust.
If I, the one who created this poetic universe, am in lust
What is love then?
What if lust were love? !
Or the vice versa!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love or Lust by Jean Cohen )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Poem of the Day
- For Her, M.J. Lemon
- I Broke My Leg, M.J. Lemon
- Get Together in NCCF Benue, Dare Onadele
- A Man Dying, M.J. Lemon
- Force Of Nature, R B Seals
- People I See Sometimes, Casey Renee Kiser
- The Song of My Heart, Amber Carr
- Tales Of A Wife: My Devil, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- ARRIVAL DAY, michael walkerjohn
- Yeh Meri Betian, Akhtar Jawad