Like beams of morning sunlight,
like freshness of the dew;
your fingers brushed my cheek,
and love awoke, and grew.
Like the gentle wind in evening,
like sprinkles of new rain;
your kiss captured my heart,
and I'll never be the same.
Like shadows in the forest,
like clouds that float on high;
your love crept into being,
just as quiet as a sigh.
Like a rainbow after storms,
like the scent of fragrant air;
you burst into my mundane life,
with your happiness to share.
Like the sunset over water,
like new blossoms in the Spring;
you are the gift of sweet surprise,
of what you daily bring!
David Lessard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Song. by David Lessard )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A paddle, george albot
- BEFORE HIS ARRIVAL, MYK NWACHUKWU
- HAROLD'S COFFEE, Suzae Chevalier
- Bright Pink Lipstick, Electric Lady
- More Pleasing To The Eye, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Commitments, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Battle of our own life, binod bastola
- Before you've brushed your teeth, Mark Heathcote
- Arrival, Tony Adah
- Nigeria I Hail Thee, Tega Akpomraphiphe