Lawrence S. Pertillar
Those who had condoned low performances,
To accept them not to effect...
A future that comes and lies ahead.
Awaken to expect higher performances.
Performances they sat back to neglect but wished,
Overnight those low performances from them would leave.
And concepts that fed ignorance and jealousy,
Would disappear from their minds permanently.
'Rushing to catch up to changes already made,
To acknowledge what it takes to obtain success...
Requires first a thorough self-examination.
And that step many have yet to approach.
Flaws and blemishes to not accept,
Can affect those steps one takes towards success.'
~What on Earth has that got to do,
With improving one's low performance? ~
'Anyone desiring to achieve success,
Has to be confident enough...
To listen to others and be open to receive critique.'
~And suppose it is negative?
Suppose those who do critique,
Do it purposely to criticize? What then? ~
'Seek more of it.
The ones who should worry,
Are those who do 'anything' done and it is approved.
And people like that expressing little or no attention,
Have no interest in what it is you do.
Trust your instincts and eventually success will be yours.'
~That sounds crazy.~
'Only to those who accept staying lazy.
And associating with those who defend and agree with them.
Seek those mentors prepared to hurt your feelings.
They are not interested in low performances kept.
And those who do are low performers too.
Stay away from them.'
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Low Performances by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- 雨Rain, qin xing
- Kamikaze Heart, Kewayne Wadley
- 难道你真是一片云（ Don't you is really a cloud? ）, qin xing
- Assuring Voice, Somanathan Iyer
- Synchronization, SALINI NAIR
- Best World, Kolade Seun
- For you, rest in peace, Cigeng Zhang
- Moon Beams, Yohan Confectioner
- Falling Through, Claudia Scott
- City Of Angels, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns