Edward Kofi Louis
Listen to me all you ears,
And like a liberal man and a lovely woman in the bush;
Why do you destroy another with lying words? !
For the liberal woman is now with the handsome man in the city.
A man should be a man and a woman should be a woman too on this issue,
And like wine and oil to sold to you in times of need;
But let the just do justice always.
The romance of romance lies through your hands,
And like the river of water flowing through my mind;
But think twice before you destroy others on this earth.
Edward Kofi Louis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lying Words by Edward Kofi Louis )
Did you read them?
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
John Greenleaf Whittier
(17 December 1807 – 7 September 1892)