L C Vieira
You climb my tower of words,
on your knees,
as careful as Salvador
built his hanging tower -
spoon by spoon.
From Barcelona to Figueres,
you smooth whatever careless wrinkle
slowed us on our path to pleasure.
You pace yourself -
each thrill along the way,
while we are in another museum,
I, hunting for visions and surprises.
Dali gave his magic messages,
but you prefer my brazen breast,
somewhere to rest your thoughts
and let them disappear.
I search for words for all the parts,
and weave them with the help of Eros,
above the clouds, high winds and blue.
Salvador's drawers open,
calling me to find you waiting
with all the wonder of the world.
Oh, I laugh to think how quickly
I would trade delicious thoughts
For the raw reality awaiting,
somewhere else, new tonight.
(2004, Revised 2012)
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Magic Words by L C Vieira )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- San Jose Hills in My Thoughts, Natasa Tocuc
- Be found in elevations high, Mark Heathcote
- Children, Varghese J Kuttikat
- A Song For Mortals, Varghese J Kuttikat
- More of a Sufferer than a Sinner, Varghese J Kuttikat
- Prayer of a Tree, Bill Cantrell
- COPLA SESENTA Y UNO: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Niagara, Nassy Fesharaki
- ADEEB QUDSI, THE GREAT MEMORY اديب قدسي .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Purposeful Truths, RoseAnn V. Shawiak