L C Vieira
You climb my tower of words,
on your knees,
as careful as Salvador
built his hanging tower -
spoon by spoon.
From Barcelona to Figueres,
you smooth whatever careless wrinkle
slowed us on our path to pleasure.
You pace yourself -
each thrill along the way,
while we are in another museum,
I, hunting for visions and surprises.
Dali gave his magic messages,
but you prefer my brazen breast,
somewhere to rest your thoughts
and let them disappear.
I search for words for all the parts,
and weave them with the help of Eros,
above the clouds, high winds and blue.
Salvador's drawers open,
calling me to find you waiting
with all the wonder of the world.
Oh, I laugh to think how quickly
I would trade delicious thoughts
For the raw reality awaiting,
somewhere else, new tonight.
(2004, Revised 2012)
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Magic Words by L C Vieira )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Eternal Love, Jesus James Llorico
- Butterfly, Tiku akp
- How time flies, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Precipice, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- The Striped Goodness Of The Candy Cane C.., mary douglas
- Where my soul resides like a flightless .., Mark Heathcote
- The Poets Behold From Heaven Their Words.., mary douglas
- The New Life: Fourth Stage for Marie, Daniel Brick
- LOVING, bill costley
- A Prayer For The Unsuspecting, mary douglas