MAN'S EVIL & GOODNESS
Our world resembles a ruthless game
Where all are eager players.
There's smiles of joy and tears of woe
With hate, lust, love, war and prayers.
Man's evil inhumanity
Makes countless thousands mourn
A piece of earth made to live
We've earned our Father's scorn.
We're the bad boys of the planet
Who walk in shoes upright
We differ only in our posture
From beasts that feast at night.
After death our name lives on
In the records of our nation
Or in the genes of a child
A rebirth of creation.
Let us pray as he grows
He learns to be a man
Strong in mind, big in heart
With the good book in his hand.
It matters not, how long we live
But more, how well we play our part.
For the road to Heaven is always near
As long as there's goodness in our heart.
Tom's 603 Poems Are Free To Share!
By God's Poet
Most Published Poet
On The Web!
THANK YOU FOR WHO YOU ARE IN YOUR HEART = tom!
Tom Zart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MAN'S EVIL & GOODNESS by Tom Zart )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The bondage, hasmukh amathalal
- Brain's Ocean, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Defamation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Horoscopes, gajanan mishra
- Lovely and pleasant, hasmukh amathalal
- A New Experience, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Messages and Messengers, Liilia Talts Morrison
- you know who you are, Clara Keiper
- Corners Of A Storm, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Visibly appar, hasmukh amathalal