MAN'S EVIL & GOODNESS
Our world resembles a ruthless game
Where all are eager players.
There's smiles of joy and tears of woe
With hate, lust, love, war and prayers.
Man's evil inhumanity
Makes countless thousands mourn
A piece of earth made to live
We've earned our Father's scorn.
We're the bad boys of the planet
Who walk in shoes upright
We differ only in our posture
From beasts that feast at night.
After death our name lives on
In the records of our nation
Or in the genes of a child
A rebirth of creation.
Let us pray as he grows
He learns to be a man
Strong in mind, big in heart
With the good book in his hand.
It matters not, how long we live
But more, how well we play our part.
For the road to Heaven is always near
As long as there's goodness in our heart.
Tom's 603 Poems Are Free To Share!
By God's Poet
Most Published Poet
On The Web!
THANK YOU FOR WHO YOU ARE IN YOUR HEART = tom!
Tom Zart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MAN'S EVIL & GOODNESS by Tom Zart )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Oral Given Good, Luis Estable
- Not guest, hasmukh amathalal
- Two Felt Things, Luis Estable
- Sins may raise, hasmukh amathalal
- Immortal lives on the battle field, Steve Jackson
- Like spring, hasmukh amathalal
- And I will, ABHIPSA TRIPATHY
- আশীর্বাদ, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- The Question of the Metaphysical Squirrel, Eugene Levich
- She Met Three Interesting People In The .., Toshie Nohara