'March Madness' about basketball,
Coach H.V. Porter coined the term.
The Great Depression, came his call
For state high schools to reaffirm
The thrill filled climb to championship.
Assorted pools of gaming game,
Though not watching each starting tip,
Knowing by heart each bracket frame.
The odds of picking all the wins -
A number making trillions small.
But many think the worst of sins
Is not picking any at all.
Ah - the Madness of this March span,
When the B ball shot hits the fan.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (March Madness by Ima Ryma )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(November 1, 1871 – June 5, 1900)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Your Laughter, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Significant and Sure., Sumita Jetley
- Laluwa Too A Leader, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Our Own Experience Overwhelms Us, Shalom Freedman
- The Milkmen As The Leaders From Bihar, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Karma, Nivedita Patnaik
- Spring, Nivedita Patnaik
- Reading The Tea-Leaves of My Father..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Nagasaki ...... [WAR; VERY SHORT; nucle.., Bri Edwards
- O My Friend Jerry, Abdulrazak Aralimatti
- The Chance, Michael P. McParland