'March Madness' about basketball,
Coach H.V. Porter coined the term.
The Great Depression, came his call
For state high schools to reaffirm
The thrill filled climb to championship.
Assorted pools of gaming game,
Though not watching each starting tip,
Knowing by heart each bracket frame.
The odds of picking all the wins -
A number making trillions small.
But many think the worst of sins
Is not picking any at all.
Ah - the Madness of this March span,
When the B ball shot hits the fan.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (March Madness by Ima Ryma )
- If You Stop Loving Me, Fatima Nusairat
- Rain And The Shadows, Anirudh Rawat
- Beautiful Girl, Anirudh Rawat
- Someday, Ryan Telebwe
- The Stars so Bright, Glenn Boeckx
- Catch the Moon, Maya Hanson (mye3)
- I Could Not Find My Way Free, Shalom Freedman
- Sailstarred, Sandsifting, Seaweed Script.., Saiom Shriver
- The art of love and affection!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Heaven with the Creator, Althea Marshall Wypyszczak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)