'March Madness' about basketball,
Coach H.V. Porter coined the term.
The Great Depression, came his call
For state high schools to reaffirm
The thrill filled climb to championship.
Assorted pools of gaming game,
Though not watching each starting tip,
Knowing by heart each bracket frame.
The odds of picking all the wins -
A number making trillions small.
But many think the worst of sins
Is not picking any at all.
Ah - the Madness of this March span,
When the B ball shot hits the fan.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (March Madness by Ima Ryma )
- Polluted, Edward Kofi Louis
- Rolling In The Mud, Margaret Alice Second
- My Roving Art, Julian Mann
- Great Is Your Faithfulness, Edward Kofi Louis
- Last Requests, Peter Jay Shippy
- I Read, Aparna Chatterjee
- My Ragged Company, Peter Jay Shippy
- To Kiss What You Love, Edward Kofi Louis
- Beauty of words....., Anupa Subramanian
- The Strangers, Peter Jay Shippy
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- In Flanders Field, John McCrae
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)