Lawrence S. Pertillar
Marriage Changes Things
You will never be faithful!
How do I know that?
First of all,
My name is not Brandon.
And those argyle sox,
You said I left the other night...
I may be forgetful...
I did not leave suspenders
In your bathroom last week!
I do wear Old Spice.
But I certainly wouldn't put it
Under the sofa!
These are just but hints...
That you could not be faithful to me!
You say marriage changes things?
It appears you have assisted and allowed...
Many of those changes to occur in here,
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Marriage Changes Things by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Red face, Emmanuel George Cefai
(c. 600 BCE)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)