Lawrence S. Pertillar
Marriage Changes Things
You will never be faithful!
How do I know that?
First of all,
My name is not Brandon.
And those argyle sox,
You said I left the other night...
I may be forgetful...
I did not leave suspenders
In your bathroom last week!
I do wear Old Spice.
But I certainly wouldn't put it
Under the sofa!
These are just but hints...
That you could not be faithful to me!
You say marriage changes things?
It appears you have assisted and allowed...
Many of those changes to occur in here,
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Marriage Changes Things by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- PROBLEM OF TODAY'S ERA, maharshi trivedi
- FREE FALL, Bironga Chadwick
- Imbalance, Hans Raj Sharma
- Festival Of Light, Amitava Sur
- YouTube and Phalloplasty, Jeff Gangwer
- Journey, Dave Cadaqu
- Brad Pitt / Brad Dourif, Jeff Gangwer
- History / Your Dust, Jeff Gangwer
- "...through your rape whistle", Jeff Gangwer
- "Angels are...", Jeff Gangwer
Poem of the Day
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Primitive, Sharon Olds
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)