Marriages are semi-happy.
Maybe marriages are made in heaven
But it's on the earth that it is tested.
Marriages, arranged or led by courtships,
Is bound to be semy happy marriages.
What semi happy marriage means is that
It has happiness as a family
And lacks pulls at the sight of each other
Between the husband and the wife in life.
Lovers are passion orientated.
Couples are partner orientated.
Husbands and wives are mere faithful friends.
Ownerships and identity bind them.
They sublimate their sexual energy
In the family chores and children upkeep.
With their romance and passion forgotten.
Half happy and half sore they lead their life.
Every marriage is a semi happy one
And even then marriages are welcome
By the society as it is the nest
Well fit for the children to grow in.
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Marriages are semi-happy. by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
- Gripes of. Freedom, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Jesus Of Nazareth, Naveed Khalid
- Keebored Problems, Phil Soar
- Antiques, Naveed Khalid
- Romance II, Naveed Khalid
- azoneofpoetryaartisphoenixnow, Nyein Way
- Dungeon, Naveed Khalid
- Rosicrucianism, Naveed Khalid
- Harvest Moon I, Naveed Khalid
- Elikal, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath