Marriages are semi-happy.
Maybe marriages are made in heaven
But it's on the earth that it is tested.
Marriages, arranged or led by courtships,
Is bound to be semy happy marriages.
What semi happy marriage means is that
It has happiness as a family
And lacks pulls at the sight of each other
Between the husband and the wife in life.
Lovers are passion orientated.
Couples are partner orientated.
Husbands and wives are mere faithful friends.
Ownerships and identity bind them.
They sublimate their sexual energy
In the family chores and children upkeep.
With their romance and passion forgotten.
Half happy and half sore they lead their life.
Every marriage is a semi happy one
And even then marriages are welcome
By the society as it is the nest
Well fit for the children to grow in.
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Marriages are semi-happy. by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
- Finally Free, Kelly Shanks
- The Court of Cassation, Brian J. Stafford
- The Final Goodbye, Naomi Johnson
- Haiku ' Clouds ', miken newman
- A Song Of Living, Amelia Josephine Burr
- My Final Goodbye, Naomi Johnson
- I Remember, Kelly Shanks
- Beautiful heaven, hasmukh amathalal
- Black Thursday, Barry Jablonski
- ... MY FIGHT FOR LIFE..., Ken e Hall
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Case Of Murder, Vernon Scannell
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Green Mountain, Li Po
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)