Marriages are semi-happy.
Maybe marriages are made in heaven
But it's on the earth that it is tested.
Marriages, arranged or led by courtships,
Is bound to be semy happy marriages.
What semi happy marriage means is that
It has happiness as a family
And lacks pulls at the sight of each other
Between the husband and the wife in life.
Lovers are passion orientated.
Couples are partner orientated.
Husbands and wives are mere faithful friends.
Ownerships and identity bind them.
They sublimate their sexual energy
In the family chores and children upkeep.
With their romance and passion forgotten.
Half happy and half sore they lead their life.
Every marriage is a semi happy one
And even then marriages are welcome
By the society as it is the nest
Well fit for the children to grow in.
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Marriages are semi-happy. by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Emily Jane Brontë
(30 July 1818 – 19 December 1848)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Moonlit Night, Tu Fu
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Art of True Love, John Knight
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Disappearing Trauma, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Without Arms, M.J. Lemon
- কবিতাপল্লি, Hanzala Han
- Other Guys, Amber Carr
- I've Got Time, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Vultures Meal, Tiger Auntunette
- Nothing can break the focus., Sumita Jetley
- Ever So Cute, riya misi
- Unlock From Sockets, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- PRAY OUT YOUR PAST, Michael P. Johnson