Jonathan ROBIN (22 September / London)
Mary Had A Bank Account
Mary had a bank account
in Nicosia fair,
Sigh_pressed she's knocked out for the count:
E.U. squeezed out fair share.
Her hard earned cash, a plum amount,
was amputated there,
she's taken to the streets to mount
a protest vote despair.
Her little lamb could not surmount
the crunch, munch lunch mint rare,
can't follow her. One must recount
there's no more lamb to spare!
(25 March 2013)
Poet Other Poems
- *Intelligent Design*
- *Rubaiyat of Invention and Innovation - ...
- *Stranger in Strange Crowd*
- *Superlative Story*
- ... and Lethewards have sunk
- ? Litotes ?
- [H]our Glass after Richard Seymour - The...
- [L]ink Weavers
- 101 Of Room 202
- A Beam of Light
- A Cross T[r]ick - Acrostic
- A Cross Trick Act
- A Dog's Life
- A Fire-Sided T.V. Chat By A Farsighted G...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.