Cicely Fox Smith
Long before the Mammoth died in the ice and snow,
Master Brocky made his earth snug and warm below.
Long before the Flint Men made barrows, mounds, and rings,
Master Brocky Badger he was catching snails and things.
Long before the Legions marched down the road from Rome,
Master Brocky Badger he was very much at home.
Long before the Vikings came to kill and burn and spoil,
Master Brocky Badger had his earth in English soil.
So don't you grudge his simple meal of beetles, worms, and frogs,
And don't you go upsetting him with nasty yapping dogs!
His diet might not much appeal to folk like you and me,
But Master Brocky Badger's got a noble pedigree!
Cicely Fox Smith's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Master Brock by Cicely Fox Smith )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- *Darling Dove, C. P. Sharma
- *The Divine Blessings - For Jen Walls an.., C. P. Sharma
- Bittersweet, Kelly Curiel
- The American Dream, Lilly Emery
- *Rumi Speaks, C. P. Sharma
- Destiny Misplaced, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- *Stray Thoughts, C. P. Sharma
- Shame-Shame Israel, Aftab Alam
- Paths Of Childhood, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- lips of flower, Aftab Alam