Lawrence S. Pertillar
A payment to become educated,
Is more a priority than expectations met...
With an effectiveness that guarantees success.
And success to guarantee with that achieved,
Depends 'not' upon one's use of common sense.
Although shown to be known,
Is available free without one committed to paying debts...
Just to prove one has become intelligent enough,
To believe the value of common sense is worthless!
If one has not been approved by an accredited school,
That ensures one graduates with an appreciation...
To accept being indebted as an accomplishment,
Pointless is the degree one receives to keep flaunted.
And, common sense?
Unfortunately is earned when one learns its meaning,
To apply effectively attempting to make ends meet...
After all credit has been maxed out to fulfill those dreams.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Maxed Out by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Let me search, gajanan mishra
- A city escape, jeff newnham
- Haggler, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- A beloved Just Like The Moon, A Beloved .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Venting with Vengeance, Nalini Chaturvedi
- The drowned emigrants, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Life is open, hasmukh amathalal
- Poetry Court, Dean Meredith
- OBSTINACY, Satish Verma
- Rooftop Stronghold, Von Kimball Barney
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1644 - 1694)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(6 January 1878 – 22 July 1967)