Lawrence S. Pertillar
A payment to become educated,
Is more a priority than expectations met...
With an effectiveness that guarantees success.
And success to guarantee with that achieved,
Depends 'not' upon one's use of common sense.
Although shown to be known,
Is available free without one committed to paying debts...
Just to prove one has become intelligent enough,
To believe the value of common sense is worthless!
If one has not been approved by an accredited school,
That ensures one graduates with an appreciation...
To accept being indebted as an accomplishment,
Pointless is the degree one receives to keep flaunted.
And, common sense?
Unfortunately is earned when one learns its meaning,
To apply effectively attempting to make ends meet...
After all credit has been maxed out to fulfill those dreams.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Maxed Out by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- That There Should Be Flowers There, mary douglas
- Tetracty Dry Grass, Heather Burns
- On The Highway Of Life, Heather Burns
- Angel With Ferns In A Far Landscape, mary douglas
- Theres A Place, Heather Burns
- Plum Tree, Kyle Schlicher
- Suffusing My Heart In Sunrise, mary douglas
- A Promise Made, Kyle Schlicher
- Our Children, Heather Burns
- Going Home, Heather Burns