Meat to Eat
To care is too disastrous for me now,
I die, I die, and I did try this night
To stay alive, from warmth and anyhow,
Like supper; like them and then start to bite.
The steaks do taste with juice, like a melon,
But of the earth, of one small animal,
They happen in an instant - abandon!
One animal will be this abysmal.
I fry the onion, on a bright flame,
I eat those bagels as the little fool,
May seasons take a flame as a small game,
The onions, the onions are tool.
Let one of us so eat the plate in time,
Then share, then share with us, without a rhyme.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Meat to Eat by Naveed Akram )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Walking On The Sea, Saiom Shriver
- Flying Snail, Saiom Shriver
- No Squealing, Saiom Shriver
- Sacred Cows, Saiom Shriver
- Make your Mothers Day, Damian Murphy
- Good Morning, Anuradha Bhattacharyya
- soon to be extinct.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- On the Bed of Death, Pintu Mahakul
- Solitary Meanings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Heal the Mind oh Healer, Pintu Mahakul