Ace Of Black Hearts
Meeting The Requirements
No respect for intentions.
Honest or not.
A welcome sign on the doormat.
But enter only if the requirements are met.
Don't worry too much about it.
A victim of what?
Shelter thinnly veiled.
We really don't want to harbor you.
We just have no other choice.
Breadwinners are the best cheats and the cons.
It is a matter who they can rip off.
Without conscience for a little convenience.
Needs without really needing anything.
Proclaimations of the utter most importance.
You must listen to me speak because I'm special.
Well aren't we all?
Very unique with our own personal flaws.
Nothing more mundane.
Quite simply ordinary.
Where is the sophistication we have come to love so much?
With intrigue being sucked right in.
Part of the moving mirror.
Its reflection never in the same place.
To catch it you must consider this a race.
What advantage do you have with feet on the ground running?
Is there an extra skip in your step?
Something that motivates, something that inspires?
Do you hear voices in your head?
Chanting your name, cheering you on?
Encouragement from the ground up.
Hear have a hot cup of tea, but becareful don't burn yourself it is full.
Tipped over and singed.
From the waist down.
Jump out of your seat like it wasn't expected.
I did warn you, you just didn't listen.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Meeting The Requirements by Ace Of Black Hearts )
- Thoughts of Perfection, michael walkerjohn
- Coffee & cream, Mark Heathcote
- An African Woman Unfolds, michael walkerjohn
- The Daughter of the Earth - 43, gajanan mishra
- Prove your presence, hasmukh amathalal
- Do Early Birds Really Catch the Worm?, Dr John Celes
- I Did It Well, Vera Sidhwa
- Epistemology, michael walkerjohn
- Rain at the Glass Window, Ismim Putera
- Come Away With Me, Almedia Knight Oliver
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)