Meka had a toy camera
Meka had a toy camera,
presented by her Mummy Manjula
for her birthday;
While she was viewing through it,
She could see a few animals in it;
She showed it to me with enthusiasm,
I saw it with hilarious amusement;
While I see inside for the first time,
I asked her like a quiz whether she can guess;
I am seeing an animal with four letters,
Can you tell me what I see here?
She said, 'Is it a squirrel?
No, squirrel has eight letters,
tell me the animal you see real;
Is it tiger? but it has five letters,
Is it giraffe? but it has seven letters,
Tell me grandpa, what do you see?
I said, 'I can see a bear'!
Now she responded shrewdly,
If you click the camera several time,
You see a different animal every-time,
Squirrel, Tiger, Giraffe and Bear.
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Meka had a toy camera by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Undiminished, Maharishi Deja Vu
- Finish This List Of Chores, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Good circle, hasmukh amathalal
- Live with this moment, gajanan mishra
- The loss may be, hasmukh amathalal
- Stay free from desires, gajanan mishra
- G O P....Profiling - The Black Republican, James B. Earley
- Destroy not, gajanan mishra
- I Have Friends, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Leave It As That, Lawrence S. Pertillar