Some memories, from your mind, you wish you could erase;
Whilst, other memories, in your mind, you are happy to replay.
Of your life, some memories, you wish had never been a part;
Whilst others, which are dear to you, you hold close to your heart.
Over which memories I choose to keep, I wish I had some power:
The happy ones, I’d treasure and I’d erase the ones, which are sour.
In my diary, of the good times, I record every single detail,
But, to acknowledge the bad times, I’ll readily admit to fail.
There can be periods, in life, which you wish were just not there;
Their memories still cause distress and are just too hard to bear.
There are some memories, in your mind: those ones, long installed;
That bring nothing, but joy and smiles, the moment they’re recalled.
Our life’s memories are a mixture of the good and the bad;
Ones, which make us happy, and ones, which make us sad.
Throughout our lives, of memories, we have to live with a mix;
The good and bad mingle, and that’s something we cannot fix.
Angela Wybrow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Memories by Angela Wybrow )
- AOA▷오피뷰◁모든 구로오피 송파오피걸의 모든것 OPGＡNＤA/ＣOM, sibngnu5 sibngnu5
- iPhone6+ 오피뷰 ⓐ구로오피녀 ⓑ송파오피 대란∠OPGＡNＤA/ＣOM∠, sibngnu5 sibngnu5
- She looked a million dollars, Erato
- L.Messi 오피뷰 구로오피 KTwiz 송파오피 OPGＡNＤA/ＣOM .., sibngnu5 sibngnu5
- From the Lives of My Friends, Michael Dickman
- WHENEVER A LIFE IS TAKEN, Ali Faisal
- VALUE OF LIFE, Ali Faisal
- For Some Slight I Can't Quite Recall, Ross Gay
- Surf song, Roann Mendriq
- Midnight surf, Roann Mendriq
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Samra, Said Akl
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Love's Philosophy, Percy Bysshe Shelley
- Bright Star, John Keats
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1886 - 1967)