Walking down the lane of memories,
I heard the sounds of your footsteps.
I lost myself in them,
As those are the ones that I longed for.
In the still night of darkness,
You come searching for me.
Why did you love me so much
To leave me in a whirlpool of pain?
You have again thrown me into the dark
And left me forever.
Where have you gone to hide,
Making it impossible to reach you?
Now, these paths and lanes we travelled together
Instill a deep fear in my heart.
How can I walk them alone
Without having your safe company?
I heard many footsteps but never heard yours
You will not come, this I know in my heart.
I can't help but wait once more for you,
For that day when you will come and claim me.
Topic(s): Lost Love
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Memory Lane by Rinshi Ansari )
- For You, Foster Teegarden
- Erectile Dysfunction, Foster Teegarden
- AS SEPTEMBER 21 KNOCKS AT MY DOOR ONCE A.., M.D Dinesh Nair
- The moment اللحظة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- SES, Andy Caldwell
- drunken beauty, lee fones
- My beloved, Reza parhizgar
- Ghost Orchid, Pasquale DiMeola
- Captivity, Mark Heathcote
- Old Wall Clock Haiku, Chenou Liu
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)