Walking down the lane of memories,
I heard the sounds of your footsteps.
I lost myself in them,
As those are the ones that I longed for.
In the still night of darkness,
You come searching for me.
Why did you love me so much
To leave me in a whirlpool of pain?
You have again thrown me into the dark
And left me forever.
Where have you gone to hide,
Making it impossible to reach you?
Now, these paths and lanes we travelled together
Instill a deep fear in my heart.
How can I walk them alone
Without having your safe company?
I heard many footsteps but never heard yours
You will not come, this I know in my heart.
I can't help but wait once more for you,
For that day when you will come and claim me.
Topic(s): Lost Love
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Memory Lane by Rinshi Ansari )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Why Do Turtles Cross The Road?, Darlene Walsh
- Distress, Nick Kler
- To Be A Poet Traced Stepping Stones, Terence G. Craddock
- Where Are The People Who Say They Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Cryptic Revealed Smile Enigmatic Eye Awa.., Terence G. Craddock
- X, Midnights Voice
- Drone .....[little SPY 'fly-by'; definit.., Bri Edwards
- Opposite People, Tony Adah
- The Exception Perception Has, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You Know, Whats-his-name, Lawrence Beck