Men And Storms
Calculating and beginning comes to a man,
Knowing what stops him, believing in strength.
A substance is starting to vaporize due to heat,
Man’s heat makes sweat and anger on speech.
Sayings have shadows, deeds have a blade of decency,
So we follow the men who understand and lead.
The sky is also a person, a mighty wall of layers,
Telling everything and saying much.
The oceans partake in pleasure of storms,
Calculating like men and stopping
When sweat has dissipated.
The land surrounds the sea,
And the sea smothers the land-
The land of men, the land of deeds.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Men And Storms by Naveed Akram )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Cheap Shots, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- COPLA 69 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Days When The Darkness Is Greater Than T.., Shalom Freedman
- STORM IN A TEACUP, Philo Yan
- Never take anybody, gajanan mishra
- All one, gajanan mishra
- The ignorant, gajanan mishra
- Poetry For I. H. Rizvi, Bijay Kant Dubey
- If Any Sense Is Attempted To Be Made, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Just one kiss, Kelly Curiel