James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
MESSAGE TO POPE RATZINGER... FEB 9TH,2013
MESSAGE TO POPE RATZINGER … FEB 9TH,2013
It's become painfully evident that women should be priests,
Of course, I realize that this is not in ecclesiastic briefs,
But the writing has been on the wall for a long time,
And allow priests to get married so it's not a canon-law crime.
Follow my instructions in order to get clear of the scandal,
And appoint some women cardinals so that popes can't mishandle,
I realize that popes don't take advice from the ground floor,
But your cardinals are all locked in for life behind their closed door.
I doubt if anyone will pass along this information to you,
Can't get through that wall of cardinals in red with their views,
So I'll sit here and read again what St Malachy wrote,
Just remember I'm trying to help you, keep your church afloat.
Poet Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20th,2014 by James Bredin )
Top 500 Poems
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley