Lawrence S. Pertillar
For whatever the reason,
And unlike others who seem to be pleased...
To joke and laugh as time passes,
Some have managed to endure...
Living within an environment,
As if to exist in a barrel full of crabs.
Crabs unhappy unless someone is entrapped.
To keep them from successfully completing tasks.
With hopes to embarrass them as their laughter lasts.
'But how did 'you' manage to escape,
Without a single pinch or a noticeable scratch? '
~I laughed too but refuse to doubt.
I kept my eyes wide open as I maneuvered about.
I winced when pinched and laughed as well.
And when embarrassed by criticsms,
High my head was held.~
'And you were able to achieve success? '
~I wore many labels upon me addressed.
With a doing to show I could care less.~
'The methods you use are unusual.'
~No one with a plan can maneuver in a barrel full of crabs,
Without being methodical, ambitious and highly motivated...
One who shows them they are offended,
Can be a detriment to their survival.
Crabs love to feed on fear and tears.
I've seen too many at the bottom sobbing and weeping.
And on their knees as if to appease a ritual.
Or a custom done by everyone that's anticipated.~
'And you? '
~Consder me crazed. Please.~
Topic of this poem: life
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Methodical by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD?, Ray Lucero
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Thank You My Love, Margaret Alice Second
- My Dream, Michael P. McParland
- joshua trees hopping in the trunk of the.., Mandolyn ...
- my lovely lovely wife, Rasheed Alqahas
- Four Leaf Clover, Eve White
- Eric Gone Postal, Eve White
- Half-Breed or Racist, Eve White
- (Rock ballad) Hold on and letting go, Putri Misnia Shary Bahri (Sh ..
- Road Kill, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Plum Pudding Much Needed, Vera Sidhwa