Curled up under a tree
I sat and wept alone
the wind sweeping my hair
while I cried, sighed and moaned!
The sun over my head
was bright and hot
I cared about nothing
I was so lost in thought!
Miserable and lonely
With a few teasers around
Mocking at a lonely girl
A prey they had found!
Crying for the man
I had left behind in vain
I sobbed and cried
my body crumbled with pain!
Sun gazing straight at me
I was tired, numb and dizzy
With these dogs around
I was scared, feared, uneasy!
Recalling and regretting
The doubt I raised
Against the man of men
I always praised!
But if you err oh dear man
When I see u receiving kisses
Why can't I question and doubt
If you say I am your missus?
You came back just to blame
My love, loyalty and devotion
Just to prove me wrong
And vent out your aggression!
I will keep all my promises
I will never leave you alone
Will never raise any doubts
While I sigh, cry and moan!
Topic(s): love hurts
Priya Pareek's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Miserable Missus by Priya Pareek )
- At That Moment All Ugliness was Undone., Akhtar Jawad
- I Do Not Know Your Name, Elia Michael
- Poor Birds of Cage, Pius Didier
- Christmas Differences, Melissa Furey
- Celebration, Shruti Goswami
- Leave Behind, Shruti Goswami
- Unceremonious, Shruti Goswami
- Restful Nights, Margaret Moran
- Qwerty, Edward Kofi Louis
- Watch over The Laws, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dulce et Decorum Est, Wilfred Owen
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)