Moon And Me
Under the dark dense sky in a silent night
I looked up at the glowing moon, a shimmering sight!
And the stars that twinkle, winked their eyes
I wish all nights were so beautiful, need no sunrise!
Clouds cover moon to form spectacular shapes,
The moon reappears and a face it makes.
Enjoying the game of hide and seek,
The night ascends and darkness creeps.
The wind that blows is calm and cool
I wonder what makes this night so beautiful.
Night smiled & blushed & whispered in my ear
It's all yours, look around & discover my dear!
She touched my cheeks & smiled
The touch was smooth and wild!
A question appeared in her dark eyes
She said to me with much surprise...
'Oh dear! I know your life is darker than I am
Tell me what makes you as interesting as a rhyme?
Your eyes twinkle like these tiny stars
But your crimson heart is heavy, it has scars!
What makes you look so cool despite the pain
This strength is mysterious that you attain!
I can see a secret hidden in your dazzling dark eyes,
Let your lips tell the tale before the sunrise.'
Your questions answered my queries oh night
What makes you glow is my source of light.
You have a beautiful moon which makes you rule
I have my angel which helps me stay cool.
You are proud of your black cz you have moon & twilight
Just like that my man hugs me hard and holds me tight.
My perpetual pain and my eternal sorrow
Will extricate me today or tomorrow!
Like the clouds disappear & leave a clear sky
With thus hope, under you I boldly lie.
You and I, O naughty night, share the same story
We both have moon which give us glow & glory.
But do you see some tension in my eyes?
For you, my lady, are an observer so wise.
When moon deserts you, you look a dreadful night
Don't you miss your beloved when stars shine bright?
I am afraid moon will desert me for ever
What will become of me I don't see a full moon ever?
And the night looked down, she felt my pain
Our eyes welled up & it started to rain!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Moon And Me by Priya Pareek )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(22 March 1941 -)
- Michael P. McParland
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Question, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Death death death, gajanan mishra
- Season Of Great Joy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- He Is a Virgin, Cheryl Joy Amarga
- Days, Michael P. McParland
- She Found Home, Cheryl Joy Amarga
- Early Learning, Denis Martindale
- Dancing The Night Away, Michael P. McParland
- Young Voices, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Why Wrtite About Love, Cheryl Joy Amarga
- Damn The Man, Michael P. McParland