Miss You More Than Words Could Express
he distance is getting longer,
the birds are whispering “ hi ”.
The parrots are poke nosing “ what’s up with you? ”,
the cars are honing.
”Pump, pump, can’t u concentrate? ”
hmm, I couldn't reply to all these. Because the pain was hooked up in my throat…
How time flies. Sometimes you cannot control the things that happen to you.
it is like reaching out for the wind that never reciprocates your kind gesture.
Sometimes you just have to pretend and hide the pain.. as the days go by,
the memories are getting longer.
The smile, the sigh, the laughter,
the tears, all wrapped in one bag,
how can one cope?
As I lay on my bed lost within my dreams,
I remember the good old days.
Where I walked along a narrow trail not knowing of its end,
then suddenly between the trees stood her.
Still on it, I watched every moment we spent together,
beginning from 14th of February till 7th of October 2012.
She never left my side, teaching me, and nurturing me.
I watched as we grew older, how quickly time had passed.
All those months behind us had come and gone so fast.
I have always wished I had the power to turn back the hands of time,
and cherish those lovely moments again...
But if wishes were horses, even beggars would ride…
as I walk back home, I sing out loud, for the trees,
the birds, the dogs, the cat, and every creature,
to hear of how amazing she is…
Even the snow tries to shut me up,
but I refuse to be quiet, because in the constitution there is freedom of speech.
As I lay on my back, I look up to the sky,
I see her face in a distant star shining brightly to give me light.
I can’t help but smile.
I am always reminded by the squirrel I meet with,
of how pretty her smile was….
when I go to school, lost in the middle of my thoughts,
my fat lecturer would ask me, what’s up ESOHE?
I will always reply, “ Miss, it’s an experience you will never forget”
The world will hear of her, because I can’t narrate my story without mentioning her.
Often times I catch myself smiling for no reason.
Friends had thought I was losing my mind, but I didn't mind.
What brought us together? We will probably never know.
I love the dream world,
because it brings me and her closer than imagination….
I love her and yearn to meet with her again
Idogun Esohe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Miss You More Than Words Could Express by Idogun Esohe )
- May Peace Prevail, Cathy Hodgson
- Baldy Bert, Von Kimball Barney
- Heartbreak Girl, Anirudh Rawat
- Too Many Women, David Lewis Paget
- RESULT: THE LAW OF CAUSE AND EFFECT, Dominic George
- A MASOCHISTIC SADIST TO A WOUNDED CHILD .., Dominic George
- MEN CAN'T WIN EVERYTHING, Dominic George
- TO THE PARADISE I WANT TO MARCH, Dominic George
- Uit de voegen, Madrason writer
- TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT I'M JUST TRYING TO A.., Dominic George
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Gray Room, Wallace Stevens
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)