I went to the priest
When my prayers started
Going straight to voicemail.
He smiled and said I just needed
Faith He would return my calls.
I remember a girl, Shanna,
Who gave me her number,
And all the faith in the world
Never made her call me back.
In fact, they're probably both at a bar
Right now having a beer
Wondering who they know with
A (443) area code.
Allen Blue's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Missed Calls by Allen Blue )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- To Be A Poet Traced Stepping Stones, Terence G. Craddock
- Where Are The People Who Say They Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Cryptic Revealed Smile Enigmatic Eye Awa.., Terence G. Craddock
- X, Midnights Voice
- Drone .....[little SPY 'fly-by'; definit.., Bri Edwards
- Opposite People, Tony Adah
- The Exception Perception Has, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You Know, Whats-his-name, Lawrence Beck
- Isis: Syria and Iraq, do something!, Rachel Nichols
- THE POOR PEOPLE AND THEIR POVERTY الفقرا.., MOHAMMAD SKATI