MISSING MY GRANDMA.
i miss my loving grandma,
who was a true enigma.
she pampered us a lot.
many valuable ethics, she taught.
she always said'if you are honest,
god will give you the best'
all her moral stories,
tales of angels & fairies,
& some of her time glories,
are our golden memories.
on our prattle she used to smile,
on our mistakes, she averted us for a while.
if one of us fell ill,
whole night, she used to vigil,
day & night she used to pray,
to immune us from the troubles of every new day.
she never craved for pleasure & wealth,
all she wished was our good health.
she cared for us till her death,
we will miss her till our last breath.
Arfa Iris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MISSING MY GRANDMA. by Arfa Iris )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Roses Are Red Violets Are Blue, Jennifer Alejandra
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- The Freedom I Seek, Douglas ClearyMaxwell
- Stages of life, gajanan mishra
- Remmbering Guernica, John F. McCullagh
- Value, Carolyn Blackmon
- Tagore Song (#9) My freedom exist in da.., Tushar Ray
- What is Courage, Lewis Antonuk
- Full Attention, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Acknowledge What Love has to do with US, michael walkerjohn
- That Thing, Luo Zhihai
- The Polar Star, Tushar Ray