thanks for making me comfortable.
on my first day at hospital.
thanks for standing like a friend,
when i felt lone and when my hope was about end.
thanks for giving me courage,
when i felt weak and scared.
thanks for wiping my tears.
when i cried just before surgery,
as i was filled with all fears.
thanks for taking care of my life,
when i felt that i am about to die.
thanks for the help you lent,
when i was helpless like an infant.
thanks for all the cleaning and feeding,
when like a cripple i was lying.
thanks for treating me with a smile.
when i cried and even turned bile.
thanks for supporting me, when i was abate.
thanks for standing by my side, when i slept late.
thanks for all your help,
during the times when i tired to take care of myself.
thanks for making me smile again.
and making me realize the pain was not in vain..
thanks for listening, when i wanted to talk.
thanks for encouraging, when i started to walk.
i have no words.i have no ways.
just want to let you know.
i will be grateful always.
Arfa Iris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thanks by Arfa Iris )
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Mistletoe, Walter de la Mare
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Christmas Carol, Luo Zhihai
- ~Honesty~, E Nigma
- The Carwasher, Tony Adah
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -98, Ronjoy Brahma
- I Miss (The Little Things), Michael P. McParland
- Dr. Hans Dilcher, Edward Kofi Louis
- I Love You So Deeply, Michael P. McParland
- I Love You So, Michael P. McParland
- '' Death Can't Be Undone '', bri mar
- Ravenna, Edward Kofi Louis