I swear I left it around here somewhere.
Perhaps it rolled under the bed.
Maybe the balled up socks in the corner have the
I'll check and untidy the room.
As much as I love looking for the missing piece that completes a puzzle.
I often get the feeling completing one puzzle leads seamlessly
To doing it all again
With different pictures
And times of day.
I always preferred being one step removed from completion.
The dirty dishes and the ashes in the sink.
The unmopped floor breeding the mold.
My hair too long without any gel.
Those sorts of things.
You see, in my back pocket are potentially millions of final pieces.
That I removed from many jigsaws
From all over the world.
Perhaps I was the mischievous creator that day.
Revelling in the madness of lacking the third side of the triangle.
Maybe I gave someone two missing pieces
And watched with interest
Intent on damning and demeaning either choice
So the poor soul was a dead man either way.
Many missing pieces.
Piled in warehouses and stacked in old shoe boxes.
Gary Diamond's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Missing Piece by Gary Diamond )
- The Echoes rattle, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Where statues from their eyes Shed Tears, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The ghosts and shrouds, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The inward echo, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Be a man with humanity, gajanan mishra
- Wild Thyme Of Bearded Hogs, Emmanuel George Cefai
- For Time was deep, Emmanuel George Cefai
- I Cant Have You, Tracee Olga
- A verse A chant, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Face of the skeleton, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- As Soon as Fred Gets Out of Bed, Jack Prelutsky
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Barbie Doll, Marge Piercy
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(22 March 1941 -)