Excuse me, mister.
Have you seen the children crying?
I'm sorry to be a bother, mister... but
Have you seen the people dying?
Golly, mister, how can you be so secure?
There is war and there is pain...
And you just watch it rain.
You hear about it on your radio, you see it on your television.
You know, mister, that the Earth is crying.
Mister, don't you see the mothers mourning?
Oh, mister, mister! It's misters like you that shame all the rest.
The planet is full of
Misters, mothers, brothers daughters
And oh! they're all just like you.
Don't turn away, mister!
Don't pretend that it's okay, mister.
Oh, mister, mister, what is the world coming to? ? ?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mister, Mister by Jennifer Lujanac )
- Earth's Time Clock Ticks, Patricia Kelley
- I Have Fallen In Deep, Lilly Emery
- Bramblehash, Luke J. Holt
- A Bare Night, Tony Adah
- That Special Feeling, Bill Cantrell
- The Pit Among Dreams, Lilly Emery
- Vietnam ~ Part 2, Sara Fielder
- Time, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- The Search For Peace, david kush
- Without It Questioned, Lawrence S. Pertillar