Excuse me, mister.
Have you seen the children crying?
I'm sorry to be a bother, mister... but
Have you seen the people dying?
Golly, mister, how can you be so secure?
There is war and there is pain...
And you just watch it rain.
You hear about it on your radio, you see it on your television.
You know, mister, that the Earth is crying.
Mister, don't you see the mothers mourning?
Oh, mister, mister! It's misters like you that shame all the rest.
The planet is full of
Misters, mothers, brothers daughters
And oh! they're all just like you.
Don't turn away, mister!
Don't pretend that it's okay, mister.
Oh, mister, mister, what is the world coming to? ? ?
Jennifer Lujanac's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mister, Mister by Jennifer Lujanac )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1924 - 2000)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A drop fell on the apple tree, Emily Dickinson
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- For My Pen, Ibrahim Lawal Soro
- Villanelle: When countries slaughter mai.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Coywolf, Julyn Pride
- December Walk, Julyn Pride
- Conundrums Consequence..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Whats and Whats, Ibrahim Lawal Soro
- No Answers To Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Angelwalk 2, Mr. Spock
- Bridging The Beauty of New York On The H.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Hiking Limerick, Mr. Spock