Mister Poverty is a strong man,
Built with potent genes;
Been around since the dawn of creation,
Infecting each generation.
Mister Poverty is a cunning man,
Steeped in the art of deception.
He'll make you lie,
He'll make you steal,
A deft illusionist indeed.
Every time wealth hits him
He bounces back.
Every time health sees him,
He hides under a rock,
And he's determine to beg
Even if standing on one leg.
Don't take him lightly
Or underestimate him,
He's stink and flexible.
And when you try to break him,
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mister Poverty by Buxton Shippy )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- PONDERING, Satish Verma
- Smrt, Tanja Bulovic
- The March Of Mortality, Edgar Albert Guest
- At Pelletier's, Edgar Albert Guest
- Fishing Nooks, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Day Of Days, Edgar Albert Guest
- Manhood's Greeting, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Few, Edgar Albert Guest
- Improvement, Edgar Albert Guest
- Songs Of Rejoicing, Edgar Albert Guest