Moated Waters of the River Rhine
Turrets assemble saluting the nomadic Rhine,
castles deeply footed in Goethe’s romanticized age
honor the passing river as the dandelions sway
to the knowledge of his wisdom, each quotable line
embedded in the rock faults supported to this day.
Faust’s pride and his quest to reach the zenith of knowledge
culminating in one moment of exquisite bliss
bitterly grieves the eternal price for this sweetened kiss.
On how many foolish wagers do we try to renege
in the sale of our soul importunely wished?
Why did Prometheus defy the gods as worship
starved charlatans who did nothing but enslave mankind?
I pay homage to these ruins as archers string their line
and their arrows fly through the mainstays of my ship
immersed in the moated waters of the River Rhine.
Captain Cur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Moated Waters of the River Rhine by Captain Cur )
Did you read them?
- AUTUMN BRIDE, Rose Lu ( Bing hua )
- As Time Turns, Cathy Hodgson
- Suazo Nights, Eddie Morgan
- Juicy Lucy, I Salute Your vASStness!, Monk E. Biz
- As Long As I Am There For 'You', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Paralyzed And Iced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Art and the Pain, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Alien Lullaby, Akujuobi Chijioke
- A Song Of Long Ago, Lilly Emery
- Simply Amazing, Olecia Henry