Moon asked me
'Why does the sun shines so bright
And i don't? '
Asked the gloomy moon
in a glum silent whisper,
When i was slept that good night,
Said I, 'O Dear! You don't shine so bright
'Cause you never see the goodness
with which the sun shines,
the love it showers.
O thou of great beauty,
Love the things you see or seem,
appreciate the things you think or dream,
And you will shine brighter than the Sun.'
Piyush Dey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Moon asked me by Piyush Dey )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Plum Tree, Kyle Schlicher
- Suffusing My Heart In Sunrise, mary douglas
- A Promise Made, Kyle Schlicher
- Our Children, Heather Burns
- Going Home, Heather Burns
- Valentine With Doves On The Seven Last W.., mary douglas
- Family, Wullien Thang
- In The Deep Shade Of Luscious Cherry Lan.., mary douglas
- To Inscribe A New Poem, Ali Faisal
- In The Looking Glass, It Began To Snow, mary douglas