More Than I Could Hope For
To sleep forever in a quiet lair
in a den of beauty with never a care
is a pursuit I think that I shan't see.
But to even think of it is to me
more than I could hope for.
Amongst the flowers and trilling birds
to sleep a hundred years with words
and never a trouble to cross my mind
or ever a bleakness for me to find
is more than I could hope for.
But hope I do and hope I will
and when I feel my heart is still
I shall sleep forever like a babe in arms,
cradled and loved with no alarms
to wake me in the morn.
'Tis more than I could hope for.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (More Than I Could Hope For by Edwina Reizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- retriever for a pet (very rough), lee fones
- Iraq in History, Ima Ryma
- the yes in me, RIC S. BASTASA
- Kalidasa, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- THE PRETTY SEA AND THE HARD ROCKS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Venereus, Bruce Hayno
- without tears, RIC S. BASTASA
- When You Speak to Your God, Robert Kane
- Maiden Of Ekwensu, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- Whom to, gajanan mishra