Mother, can you hear me?
Mother, screaming out in agony
Mother, I just want you to come home and scream out to me
And say - I love you and im so happy that you are around. You lift me up and make me smile from within
Mother, why do u have to abandon me
kick me out then try to talk to me
Mother, I just want to hold you and fly away to the unknown
Take to me to the deep sea, and just fly alone
Mother, lets experience pain, happiness, amd sorrow 2gether
Because tomorrow is not a guarantee of u and me forever
Mother why did u leave me?
Arent you suppose to cuddle in your fluffy breast..to protect me like you know best i guess?
Mother why do u act like that?
Arent you suppose to comfort and treat me just like that
Mother, I need you in my life
Because im living in a time where im just made to live without a mother..I guess!
When i cry at night i need you to be there and tell that its gona be alright
Mother mother motehr, I guess i did well without u in my life
Because many times i was taken advantage of my virginity rights last night
Mother, sometime i cry at night becuase u dont understand why im so uptight
Mother i feel your sweat on me from doin wat did last night
Mother sometimes it hits me at what u do but im the daughter and you are u
Mother i dont need you now
I have substituted my frowns with smiles
Mother you have made me upset to the best that i can possibly be, but dont forget that you have a daughter and thats me!
Becuz this daughter is not gonna be here and is gonna deny you of being her Mother!
MOTHERRRRRR! ! ! ! ! !
Ahtivah Lawton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mother by Ahtivah Lawton )
- There Are Two Worlds, Neela Nath
- Dirt Is Not Love, Neela Nath
- from 'The Double V', Morgan Michaels
- God Feeds the Birds, Dr John Celes
- Floating On, Neela Nath
- Perhaps I Did It Once, Shalom Freedman
- Surya, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Three ceremonies, Aftab Alam
- A Flight, Amitava Sur
- Insulted poet, douglas scotney
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)