Mom, Mother, Mommy, and Madre,
All different way to say this word.
But they all mean the same thing,
They all mean love, caring, and forgiveness.
A mother to tuck you in at night,
A mother to make all the monsters go away,
A mother to make the world seem happier,
A mother to give the best advice.
Don't take her for granted,
Don't push her away,
Be grateful for this loving creature,
for someday she will be gone.
A mother to teach a young girl manners,
A mother to comfort a broken spirit,
A mother to raise children with love,
A mother to be cherished with it in return.
Sofia May's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Mother by Sofia May )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- माँ गंगा Maan Ganga (Hindi), S.D. TIWARI
- Blessings, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- A Happy Poet, REALLY?, Sandra Feldman
- Each Day I Live a Life and Die!, Monk E. Biz
- If Compassion were in Fashion! (Nudity), Monk E. Biz
- Green Flag, Nassy Fesharaki
- My Forest is not Deep, But it is Green, Monk E. Biz
- Know the Depth of the Forest~~~, Monk E. Biz
- An Inexplicable Gift!, Monk E. Biz
- It is shame, gajanan mishra