You have told me even though I have the color of darkness,
It is still beauty.
I am standing in a lonely world
Listening to the wind blows past my ears.
Your voice is the wind blowing across the seas.
Like a melody of love playing into my soul
I couldn't survive without
The words that have come out from the bottom of your heart.
Who would I become without holding your soul with me?
I am honestly delighted to have you as my Mother.
Guenael Oristel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mother by Guenael Oristel )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- The Journey, Alvin Mingle
- Darling, Anthony Di'anno
- Bright Shades of Life, Rohit Sapra
- Tolstoy's Lament, Bill Lindsay
- The valley of Utah, Rekha Mandagere
- A House I call my Home, Reagan A. Latumbo
- I Do No Know, Tony Adah
- Layer upon Layer Snow Everywhere!, Ramesh T A
- untitled, Panmelys
- If Your Love Belonged To Me, Lora Colon